The British Boxing Board of Control have refused to sanction Daniel Dubois’ proposed next fight against Lucas Browne.
When he was unbeaten six years ago, this belt belonged to Browne.
READ MORE:SLIM DAN Tyson Fury impressed as UFC president Dana White posts picture of ripped physique after losing 30lbs in weight because he was told he had 10 years to live – ‘I feel like I’m 35 years of age again’
However, he was stripped following a positive drugs test.
Since then, he has suffered knockout losses at the hands of Dillian Whyte, Dave Allen and Paul Gallen.
Remarkably in his last fight in June though, the 43-year-old bounced back with a shock KO win over Junior Fa.
Despite this victory, the BBBofC have ruled that he is not eligible to face Dubois and many fans appear to agree with this decision.
Fury reacted on Instagram:Joseph Parker explains why Tyson Fury will stop Anthony Joshua in their proposed December clash, insisting he didn’t understand how good the Gypsy King is until he started training with him… but Parker believes AJ is RIGHT to take the fight
Fury shared Browne’s rant video on the subject on his own Instagram story on Thursday and captioned it: “Let the man fight. Luis Ortiz is 55 and Bernard Hopkins was 50. 43 is only a pup.”
In the video, the Australian gave his version of events.
Browne said: “So here I am, finally getting great news about possibly fighting.
“I’ve agreed, Daniel wants the fight. Fighting for a WBA title again.
“Finally getting a chance to fight again for the WBA ‘regular’ title.
“And all I hear now is that the British Boxing Board of Control won’t sanction the fight because I’m too old.
“So regardless of the fact I started boxing at 32, was a champ at 36 with no amateur experience, have come off two great knockout wins.