BOXING

Joshua dumps Wilder for Fury fight in Africa

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

Anthony Joshua ‘has stopped Deontay Wilder talks’ with Tyson Fury fight finally on the cards

British boxer Tony Bellew has claimed Anthony Joshua has stopped talks with Deontay Wilder.And that’s because the 33-year-old is now apparently eager to agree a fight with Tyson Fury that would go down in British history.

Joshua and Wilder had been linked up for an epic showdown in Saudi Arabia, with negotiations ongoing to make that showdown happen.

Yet Bellew, who is close with AJ, has claimed Eddie Hearn and the Watford-born boxer are now looking towards Fury instead.

He told Bitcoin Casinos: “I am hearing rumours that [talks between AJ & Wilder’s camps] have stopped at the minute and [AJ’s camp] are looking more towards Fury vs AJ again instead of AJ and Wilder.anthony joshua

“The talk is of another fight going to Africa, which would be absolutely incredible.

“Rumble in the Jungle all over again in Zaire or something along those lines.”

Joshua recently beat Robert Helnius, knocking out the 39-year-old before calling out Wilder.

As for Fury, the 35-year-old will return to the ring on October 28 when he faces ex-UFC champion Francis Ngannou,Yet with negotiations collapsing, he then opted to go up against Ngannou instead – despite facing a backlash for his decision.

Explaining why that showdown hasn’t happened yet, Fury said last month: “We don’t really know the reasons why Usyk didn’t take the fight in April.

“I’m sure he’s got his reasons and then we find out he’s signed with Skills Challenge, the Saudi Arabian team of boxing people out there.

Write A Comment